Here is how to reset Canon iP2770 and MP287 printers
1. Service Mode iP2770 and MP287
- Plugged the power cord and the printer is off
- Press and hold RESUME button, then
- Press and hold POWER button, then release the RESUME button (the POWER button still pressed)
- Press the RESUME button 5 TIMES, then release the POWER button.
- The computer will detect new devices. This situation is called SERVICE MODE
- Press CANCEL and the printer ready to reset.
- Download Resetter MP287 or Resetter iP2770
- If your printer is Canon Pixma iP2770, open this link How to fix iP2770 erro 5B00
- If your printer is Canon Pixma MP287, follow instruction bellow
- Extract file and open file Resetter Canon MP287.exe
- Load a paper in the printer
- Click the MAIN, and printer will print one page, with the words D = 000.0
- Click the EEPROM Clear
- Close application, then turn off printer.
- Turn on printer and try to print
- When try to print, appear error E13 on MP287, or error E16 on iP2770 (reset cartridge black or color)
- Press and hold stop/reset button (7 second)
- Printer ready to use