- File system RAW/unknown, used space 0 bytes, free space 0 bytes, flash drives can not be formatted, quick format, and format from Administrative tools (type; damage partition table)
- Capacity 0 bytes, 48 bytes (type; damaged firmware)
- Flash drive is write protected (type; damaged firmware)
- When inserted, the detected Generic flash drive (type, damaged firmware)
HP Drive Key Boot Utility to repair damage Kingston 2 GB, 4 GB. To capacity 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB etc, HP Drive Key Boot Utility, can be used, but capacity of flash drives will be changed to 2 GB. To restore normal capacity flash drives, there are some things to do.
To avoid mistakes in the repair flash drive, you should do the Analysis of Damage a Flash Drive
Data can be saved for the type of partition table damage. To save data, can be used EASEUS Data Recovery software, GET Data Back, etc.
Download and install EASEUS Data Recovery software - open program - select Complete Recovery - select flash drive - Next - wait until process is complete - select data to be saved - saved to your hard drive.
EASEUS Data Recovery free, can be used to save data 1 GB. Example: If your flash drive has a capacity 4 GB, repeat the process of data recovery four times.
Windows XP = double click the file cp006049.exe, select Install
Windows Vista, Seven = double click the file cp006049.exe, select Extract
Backup data can be done with two ways:
1. Using HP Drive Key Boot Utility.
2. Using recovery software, for example; EASEUS Data Recovery, GET Data Back, etc.
Backup data with HP Drive Key Boot, can result in failure of repair processes (for Kingston flash drive). HP Drivers Key Boot is more effective, to repair damaged partition table. To save data, process will be more effective if using recovery software.
Flash drives have two main parts ROM (Read Only Memory) and RAM (Random Access Memory).
ROM = partition table
RAM = firmware
HP Drive Key Boot Utility, function to repair damage ROM/partition table. To damage RAM/firmware, HP Drive Key Boot can not be used.
(for Kingston capacity 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, etc)
2. Open the program - select flash drive - Continue - click LOW LEVEL FORMAT - click FORMAT THIS DEVICE - Yes - wait process ends - Finish.
3. Remove flash drives from a computer
4. Connect flash drive to a computer, then quick format
5. Restore all data into flash drive. FINISH.